Advanced Safety Protocol – Wilmington, VT
Creating a Safe and Infection-Free Office
We are excited to announce that we are open and resuming our normal schedule. Covid-19 has changed so many aspects of our practice. First, we want to assure you that we are following all of the guidelines from the Vermont Department of Health and the Board of Dental Examiners. We have enhanced our office protocols to maximize the protection of our patients and staff. You will notice these changes at your next visit:
- Our office will communicate with you beforehand to ask some COVID-19 screening questions. Please answer honestly for the safety of our staff and other patients. You will need to reschedule your appointment if you answer yes to any these questions.
- All forms, including patient intake forms and medical history updates, will be digital whenever possible. You may be emailed some paperwork to fill out electronically and securely return to our office prior to your appointment.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. We will do our best to accommodate you, but this may mean that you are offered fewer options for scheduling/rescheduling your appointment(s).
- We will not have a patient waiting room for the foreseeable future. Instead, you will be asked to wait in your car until we are ready to see you. Our staff will call you on your cell phone and direct you to the front entrance. If you do not have a cell phone, please contact our office ahead of time to make other arrangements.
- Please be prompt for your scheduled appointment. To maintain social distancing between patients and provide the highest standard of infection control, we may not be able to accommodate you if you are late.
- Please come to your appointment alone. One escort or chaperone will be permitted for minors or elderly patients.
- Please leave all belongings in your vehicle (purses, coats, etc.) to minimize items coming in and out of the facility.
- You will need to wear a mask upon entering the building. If you do not have your own, one will be provided for you. Please DO NOT wear gloves. There is hand sanitizer that we will ask you to use when you enter the office.
- We will take your temperature upon arrival. You will be asked to reschedule if you have a fever of 100.0 degrees or more or any other flu-like symptoms.
- Prior to beginning treatment, you will be instructed to rinse with hydrogen peroxide.
We appreciate your patience and compliance as we navigate these changes together. We very much look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we are taking to keep all our staff and patients safe.